This item has MAP Pricing in place to protect customers. Discount codes cannot be applied to this item.
The Gen 3.2 FermZilla Tri-Conical features a newly designed collection container with top & bottom PCO1881 ports. The collection container has a 3" T.C. opening and installs on the Conical with a 3" T.C. butterfly valve.
FermZilla Gen 3 vs Gen 3.2:
- 3" x 3" T.C. butterfly dump valve
- 3" T.C. compatible collection container
- 600 mL collection container w/ top & bottom PCO1881 threaded ports
- FermZilla 27L Tank with 3" T.C. Bottom Port
- 3" T.C. Butterfly Valve
- 600 mL Collection Container with 3" T.C. Connection
- Stainless Steel Stand with Swing Handles
- Stainless Steel Handle Assembly
- Top Lid with PRV (35 psi)
- 3" tri-clamp with gaskets
- 3-Piece Airlock
- Graduation Sticker
- Adhesive Thermometer
- Spare Seals
- 27 L (7.1 gal) Total Volume
- Pressure Rated to 2.4 Bar (34.8 psi)
- Height in Stand - 29.5"
- Height w/ Airlock - 33.7"
- Tank Diameter - 13.9"
- Diameter in Stand - 15.3"
- Lid & Collection Container Ports - 28 mm PCO 1881 threads
- Temperature Rating:
- When not under pressure, do not expose to liquids above 131°F
- When under pressure, do not expose to any temperatures above 95°F*
*Please note that the temperature rating for the FermZilla tank is lower when using it under pressure. When not under pressure, it is perfectly safe to transfer wort into the tank below 131°F or to use hot liquids below this temp for cleaning. When under pressure, make sure to keep your fermentation temperature below 95°F and keep the fermenter in an environment that is below 95°F ambient. This is especially important when fermenting with kveik yeast. These strains are known to ferment hot if no temperature control is being used. Exceeding the temperature rating may compromise the tank, leading to a shorter life span or sudden failure to maintain pressure. Even with proper use, we recommend replacing the tank every two years.
Normal wear and tear may lead to stress marks or other potential points of failure when the tank is used under pressure. We recommend visually inspecting the unit for signs of wear every 6-12 months, and conducting a hydro test every 2 years. The hydro test process is simple:
- Fill the tank to the brim with water
- Replace the Red PRV with a Green PRV rated to 4.5 BAR or higher
- Pressurize the tank to 4 BAR (58 psi)
- Check for leaks, then replace the Red PRV when finished
If leaks or potential points of failure are found, replace the tank before you continue using pressure with your FermZilla.
In general, we do not recommend leaving products like PBW or StarSan soaking in the tank for more than an hour. Extended soaks have the potential to degrade the PET material and shorten the lifespan of the tank.
Please plan on an additional 3-5 business days for local delivery or pickup as we order these as-needed from our supplier.